Winter is Coming! And as the colder months roll in, you definitely need a reliable pair of boots to keep your feet warm. And don’t forget a cozy set of slippers and some thick wool socks. Winter weather demands sturdy shoes, whether you’re out working in the cold, snowshoeing, or just heading to the office.
The great news is that there are plenty of women’s winter boot designs to ensure your feet stay dry and warm, regardless of the conditions. We have hit the frosty streets to compile a list of our top women’s winter boots. These boots cover a range of styles, from everyday casual to lofty neoprene and even winter hiking boots. For additional details, be sure to take a look at our buying recommendation and comparison table for guidance.
Let’s take a look at the winter boots for women in detail:
- 1. Ugg Adirondack III – Best Overall Women’s Winter Boot
- 2. Kamik Momentum – Best Budget Women’s Winter Boot
- 3. Oboz Bridger 7″ Insulated – Best Women’s Winter Hiking Boot
- 4. Blundstone Thermal Chelsea – Best Insulated Chelsea Boot for Women
- 5. Baffin Impact – Best Women’s Winter Boot for Extreme Cold
- 6. Muck Boot Arctic Sport II Tall – Best Women’s Winter Work Boot
- 7. SOREL – Women’s Caribou Waterproof Boot for Winter
- 8. The North Face Shellista IV Mid WP
- 9. Merrell Moab 3 Thermo Mid Waterproof
- 10. Bogs Neo-Classic Tall
1. Ugg Adirondack III – Best Overall Women’s Winter Boot
The Ugg Adirondack III stands out as a reliable choice for Ugg winter boots for women, offering a winning combination of style and performance. The suede upper and premium leather, along with a watertight membrane, provide excellent protection against rain, slush, and snow. The natural fleece liner ensures your feet stay warm and well-insulated, even when wet. With a recent upgrade to its sole, the Adirondack III has become even more capable and grippier, making it an ideal all-in-one boot for various winter activities.
- Comes with 200g wool for insulation and protection
- Shaft height of 7 inches
- Premium materials of leather and suede
- Waterproof membrane
- Grip-enhancing sole
- Suitable for temperatures as low as 15°F
2. Kamik Momentum – Best Budget Women’s Winter Boot
The Kamik Momentum winter boots for women are a practical and stylish choice for cold weather. Designed for winter conditions, it features a robust rubber lower and a durable seam-sealed nylon upper with an impressive shaft elevation of 11.8 inches for excellent protection against water and snow. Making it the warmest winter boots for women.
What makes this boot even more appealing is its versatility for daily use, offered in a broad range of color options. The standout feature is its affordability, undercutting many competitors by a significant margin, making it a compelling blend of functionality and value.
- Seam-sealed nylon upper and a tough rubber lower for longevity and protection
- Equipped with Heat-MX synthetic insulation
- Offers an 11.8-inch shaft height
- Quick and easy lacing system
- Comes at a budget-friendly cost
3. Oboz Bridger 7″ Insulated – Best Women’s Winter Hiking Boot
This is a cold-weather version of one of our dearest hiking winter boots for women. Designed for winter adventures, this boot stands tall at 7 inches to enhance protection against snow and has about 200 grams of 3M Thinsulate insulation. The boot offers practical characteristics like a rubber tab at the heel and a gaiter ring, which makes it easier to remove the boots and helps secure snowshoes. Impressively, the Bridger 7″ retains the flagship Bridger’s light and agile sense, with a lacing system that ensures a snug fit.
- Equipped with 200g of 3M Thinsulate insulation
- Stands at a practical 7 inches
- Cozy and stylish wool collar
- Gaiter ring at the forefoot and a heel tab for hands-free boot removal
- Secure fit and maintains the flagship Bridger’s light and nimble feel
- Also available with 400g insulation
4. Blundstone Thermal Chelsea – Best Insulated Chelsea Boot for Women
The Blundstone Thermal Chelsea Boots fall under the casual winter boots for women. They embody a classic and stylish choice for winter footwear. These boots are part of the Chelsea boot trend that has gained immense popularity in recent years. Blundstone, known for its premium, well-crafted designs, brings its expertise to winter-friendly footwear with these Thermal Chelsea Boots. The quality shines through every aspect of the boot, from the detachable sheepskin footbed to the Thinsulate-lined leather upper to the enduring TPU outsole and convenient, flexible pull tabs at the back and front for effortless wear.
- Stands at a comfortable 6 inches
- Top-tier craftsmanship and quality, ensuring long-lasting durability
- Elastic pull tabs at the front and back allow for easy on-and-off
- Thinsulate Lining ensures warmth and coziness
5. Baffin Impact – Best Women’s Winter Boot for Extreme Cold
The Baffin Impact sets the gold standard for women’s winter boots for snow. This boot is ideal for those who regularly find themselves in minus zero temperatures, whether it’s outdoor work or ice fishing or in exceptionally frigid regions like Alaska or Montana. With an impressive 15-inch shaft height, the Impact is well-insulated with an 8-layer covering of polyester and foam, including a removable liner, all enveloped in a rugged rubber shell and nylon.
While winter boots often boast temperature ratings of around -25°F and -40°F, the Impact pushes the boundaries with a remarkable rating of -148°F.
- Eight-layer lining system, including a removable liner
- 5-inch height for maximum coverage and protection
- Rated to an impressive -148°F, suitable for the harshest winter conditions
- Trusted by users who have reported comfort in temperatures as less as -50°F
- Crafted with durable materials like burly nylon and rubber shells.
- Measures over 7 pounds for the couple
6. Muck Boot Arctic Sport II Tall – Best Women’s Winter Work Boot
The Muck Boot Arctic Sport stands out as an exceptional choice for warm winter boots for women. With a watertight rubber upper, towering 16.9-inch shaft elevation, and a sturdy yet supple neoprene coupling, the Arctic Sport is well-prepared for demanding outdoor tasks. Whether you’re shoveling snow in the suburbs or working on a ranch, this boot is up for the challenge. It has proven its capabilities in the winter elements, from slush to waist-deep snow, providing fantastic protection, traction, and warmth.
- A combination of 5mm neoprene and fleece lining
- Stands at an impressive 16.9 inches
- Waterproof rubber upper to keep the elements at bay
- Suitable for temperatures ranging from -40 to 40°F
- Breathability is limited, and the boot may become warm and humid during extended use
- Sole may not provide optimal grip on icy surfaces
7. SOREL – Women’s Caribou Waterproof Boot for Winter
The Sorel winter boots for women are known for their style, comfort, and performance. With a rich history, this classic boot is a testament to Sorel’s design. The Caribou is a warm boot featuring a 9mm felt liner, a cozy Sherpa fur cuff, a protective wraparound rubber lower, and a robust leather upper that instills confidence when navigating slushy puddles. While many modern boots use synthetic insulation for reduced bulk, the Caribou’s traditional felt interior offers both warmth and plush cushioning. The removable liner adds a practical touch, expediting drying in case of deep snow exposure.
- Equipped with a 9mm ThermoPlus felt liner
- Shaft height of 9 inches
- Sherpa pile cuff and soft cushioning around feet
- Removable Liner allows for easy removal and expedited drying
8. The North Face Shellista IV Mid WP
The North Face Shellista are attractive waterproof winter boots for women that can be used for various activities. While it may not be the plushest, warmest, or most protecting option, the Shellista offers competitive pricing and is perfectly suited for a range of tasks, from winter treks to scooping the driveway or urban strolls. Its rubber construction effectively repels snow and water, providing reliable performance in wet conditions. The inclusion of Heatseeker insulation and smooth ankle cushioning ensures a comfortable and warm experience.
In the latest iteration, the Shellista IV features enhanced traction on slippery textures like ice and snow, addressing a limitation of previous versions.
- Equipped with 200g Heatseeker Eco Pro insulation
- Shaft height is 8 inches
- Offers an excellent price point
- Rubber construction covers ensure reliable protection
- The Shellista IV features enhanced traction on wet surfaces
- Has a classy leather upper and a subtle faux-fur collar
9. Merrell Moab 3 Thermo Mid Waterproof
The Merrell Moab 3 Thermo Mid Waterproof, designed for winter hiking, exemplifies Merrell’s expertise in producing quality hiking boots, now tailored for cold-weather adventures. Based on their renowned Moab hiking boot, the Moab 3 Thermo Mid has undergone a winter-ready transformation. Featuring premium materials, such as a Vibram Icetrek outsole or PrimaLoft Gold Eco insulation, this boot delivers exceptional performance for icy and snowy trails, as well as low temperatures.
- 200g PrimaLoft Gold Eco fill
- Features a Vibram Icetrek outsole
- Suitable for temperatures between the mid-teens and low 30s Fahrenheit
- Includes an effective in-house waterproof membrane for wet conditions
- Partial mesh upper may not offer the same class of durable option as full nubuck leather options
10. Bogs Neo-Classic Tall
Bogs’ Neo-Classic Tall reimagines the classic rain boot with added warmth and protection to tackle cold-weather conditions. Crafted from 5-millimeter neoprene, this boot excels in both insulation and waterproof capabilities. With a generous 14-inch collar, it effectively guards against water and snow infiltration. The boot’s sleek profile not only makes it easy to put on with integrated handles but also simplifies the cleaning process. Notably, it incorporates a DuraFresh odor treatment, ensuring a pleasant and fresh environment. The Neo-Classic Tall is a classic choice for winter, suitable for diverse settings from coastal cities to the frigid rural regions of the Midwest.
- Features a 7mm Neo-Tech construction
- Offers 14 inches of coverage
- Equipped with a DuraFresh odor treatment for lasting freshness
Winter is a season of love, joy, and celebration! With holidays at their peak, why not celebrate them with the best-looking yet comfortable boots? Your winter dressing must not be boring; give it a stylish twist with our curated list of winter boots for women. Be it winter ankle boots for women or thigh-high tall shoes, this winter, slay it with style.
More Women Accessories:
- 10 Best Running Shoes For Women
- White Sneakers for Women: A Style Staple for Every Fashionista
- What Are the Best Women’s Slippers for Home Use?
- Clomp Around In Style With Clog Shoes for Women